Monday, August 2, 2010

"I am always in touch with my creative source"

This mantra definitely suites my creative side.  I have noticed that since Jason's death, I am more in touch with the creativity that I have been blessed with.  I do not necessarily know if it means that I am more open to new ideas or if I have opened my heart to the ideas that were always there.  We learned in class that people's brains can physically change after the loss of a loved one (traumatic event).  I know, without a doubt, that I have undergone changes. I started painting, doing photography, biking, running...I don't know if it is busy work to keep me going or if this is just a way to express what I am feeling at the time, but either way, I am happy that I am able to do these things that I enjoy.   As the month of August begins, school starts and routines start back up.  No doubt that life will get busy and crazy once again and that my sleeping till noon days will be over. (Loved it!)  Despite the hustle and bustle of "life as normal" I am hopeful that I can stay in touch with the hobbies that make me feel good and relaxed.  I am blessed to be able to express myself in various ways and don't want to lose touch with the creative energies that flow through my being. Namaste!

No comments: