Friday, August 6, 2010

"New opportunities to use my special skills now open up for me"

This affirmation couldn't be more true this week.  I just completed my first 2 days of classes at PIHMA and I am so excited to begin this intriguing journey into Oriental medicine. I have always been fascinated with the "mystic" and the ancient traditions of Eastern cultures and being at the school for the short time that I have feels like I have come to the right place.  I am so excited to begin learning and while I do not kid myself about the intensity and sweat that will go into the next 4+ years, I feel at peace and feel as though I am making the right decision.  This was not a feeling that I got when I went into the MSW program.  I tried to make it work, but I would leave everyday from classes with an uneasy feeling.  Now I see the difference and I feel totally at peace with this change.  One of the assignments for the Qigong class is to keep a daily log on how our individual practice makes us feel and how it impacts our lives. This is a great chance for me to get in touch with my energies and to take time for myself each day to reflect and to build that solid foundation for the day.  Namaste.

No comments: